Descripción del puesto
Responsible for orchestrating the planning and successful delivery of complex, strategic IT projects and programs. Oversees multiple, inter-related initiatives and assists in driving individual initiative completion in alignment with agreed upon outcomes, timelines, budgets and other key metrics. Establishes and maintains the correct structures, engagements, and cadence to plan, and monitor committed deliverables, escalate impediments, report on the health of the projects and program(s), and execute meaningful organizational change management.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- 45% Leveraging appropriate methods (traditional or Lean-Agile), maintains an integrated, aligned project/program work plan to ensure proper schedule integration and cross-project milestone delivery coordination.
Maintain a project/program level view of risks, issues and change impacts to ensure risks are properly analyzed and mitigated; issues are properly resolved; resource contention alleviated; program scope, schedule and costs are controlled.
Helps to quantify the business benefits and, with the program’s sponsor, defines and documents the business case for the program.
Ensures that comprehensive project/program, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained.
Puts in place systems, processes and measures to ensure that exceptions, slippage, and issues of priority are effectively managed, and that extra activities are initiated wherever gaps in the project/program are identified.
Actively manages issues to closure.
Monitors overall progress and initiates corrective action, as appropriate, to ensure that deliverables are produced on time and within budget.
Monitors and controls team performance against plans.
Mentors and provides guidance to project managers within the team and across the organization.
Ensures coherence of the project/program, through regular reassessment of initiative priorities, by resolving resource conflicts, monitoring changes in Portfolio priorities and reassessing whether initiatives continue to meet aligned and expected outcomes and to use funds efficiently.
Recommends cancellation of initiatives, and initiation of new efforts, within the project/program.
- 20% Manage creation, communication and presentation on all necessary project/program communication, management and deliverables.
Facilitate project/program-wide status meetings and materials and ensure delivery of steering committee reporting packages, as well as, weekly and monthly status reports.
Manages expectations for initiatives.
Proactively develops familiarity with project management across stakeholder communities.
- 20% Co-ordinates the project’s/program’s set of initiatives, on a day to day basis, on behalf of senior management, to ensure maximum efficiency in the allocation of common resources and skills.
Ensures the appropriate environment is developed to successfully deliver project/program outcomes, including the processes and practices for planning and managing work and the training and coaching of project managers and agile teams in alignment with the direction(s) set by the IT Strategy & Portfolio organization.
- 15% Ensures that supported project(s)/Program(s) continue to be aligned with aligned outcomes.
Ensures that the organization and its staff are managed carefully through the process of change, that progress is monitored and reviewed throughout this process, and that adjustments are made, as necessary, to achieve the planned results.
Initiates formal reviews of the project/program and its achievements, to assess critically the work carried out and benefits obtained, and to ensure that the aims of the project/program and its business benefits are realized within the terms of the Business Case which justified the program funding.
Recommend and drive process changes to improve the efficiency of project/program management across the enterprise. Ensures that initiatives are closed out and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured, shared broadly and actioned upon.
Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes.
- BA/BS in a related field and/or equivalent years of experience preferred
- 10+ years of IT centric project & program management experience with a proven delivery track record.
- 10+ years managing vendors and project/program budget management and reporting. Background in process architecture and analysis, systematic problem solving, business analysis, and organizational change management is preferred.
- Expert in establishing strong relationships with leadership and fostering collaboration throughout the organization leveraging influence over authority. Ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to learn quickly in a dynamic environment. Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams.
- Demonstrates a ‘win as one team’ mindset. Fosters teamwork at all levels through influence over authority. Excellent facilitator. Clear and concise communicator at all levels of the organization. Success in leading technical cross-org. initiatives. Relentlessly seeks to improve the way we work together & deliver value. Able to quickly understand and relay business context.
- Experience applying agile methods, Lean principles and practices, and traditional project and program management to successfully delivery large complex bodies of work.
- Professional certification required: PMP and/or PgMP a plus.
Depending on the type of contract, which could be an employee or a contractor, the benefits may vary.
a través de Hiring Room